Tuesday, May 14, 2019

How Was Your Mothers Day?

Jessica and I celebrated together by going to a brewery in Brooksville. One of the brewers at Marker 48, had given me couple of free beer tokens last fall, and I had been holding on to them until Jessica and I could go together. My dad would have been so proud to know I am still able to do this trick he taught me.


Because two of our beverages were free, plus it was happy hour, we ordered four delicious, dark beers to sip on as we ate the tastiest BBQ from the Barbie Que food truck. No, we didn't finish all that beer, it would have been too much of a good thing...a couple of these were 8%.



Here I am, awkwardly doing my best Vanna White. There is a reason she gets the $$$, looking graceful is not easy.



While at Jessica's, Brooke asked if she could "massage" my legs and feet. This took nearly an entire bottle of lotion and an hour of time. Kate joined in by attending the leg that Brooke wasn't massaging. I think I was elevated to a higher spiritual plane...or I just fell asleep. While the girls did it out of love, I rewarded them; Kate with a couple of dollars, and at her request, Brooke got a pack of gum, each stick getting kissed before chewed.





Brookes latest favorite thing to do is play Patty Cake.


Brooke was delighted to be able to pick out her own sneakers; Spiderman. She much prefers boys clothing to frilly girl things.


I was really excited to be able to visit with Vickie last week. She was diagnosed with cancer and given a year to live...that was eight years ago. Her disease has provided her the opportunity to work on her art. She is currently busy with pet portraits, but for my 50th birthday she gave me this:


and this one of Megan and baby Oliver.


Our visits always include a trip to Hot Dog Heaven.



Florida does have the most beautiful clouds; I'm so happy to be here enjoying them.


1 comment:

Vickie said...

I'm glad you had a nice mother's day! I read your other post and the article. It was enlightening. I'm so sorry you are going through all this. You are blessed to have such sweet grand babies. Funny pics of us. It was really good to see you and hope we can do it again soon! Praying for you!