My mom called, concerned about my mental well being after reading my blog, but honestly, I'm not depressed. Unsettled, heartbroken, sad, angry? Yes, those are things I'm feeling, but being around friends has kept me from falling into the pit of despair. Of course, I'm probably still in shock. Jessica said to me last weekend, "You know mom, you're not going to remember this year." She's right. I went through a very traumatic experience in 1995, followed by more trauma during the next four months, and I have no memory of the following year. This time though, I have a blog to help me remember.
I got a text from my brother Greg, asking if I wanted to meet up for coffee; I think it's been over a year since I last saw him, and it was good to hug him and catch up.

I found these on my phone, taken last week at a mall while Jessica's three oldest were in sewing class. Jackson and Brooke were ecstatic to get to ride the carousel; I'd never seen a double decker one before. Jackson headed straight for the top, and spent his ride doing acrobatics on his horse. I kept waiting for him to go careening over the rail.
No comments:
Post a Comment