This is No Ordinary Lipstick.
Remember my tale of woe
over my missing lipstick? My holy grail of lipstick that I had used on Megans wedding day, then couldn't find it anywhere, despite tearing the house apart 10 different times over the past 6 months. Well last night when I woke up at 3:30 am I decided to clean out my closet rather then channel surf looking for something other then infomercials, (did you know they sell sex toys on tv at night?) to watch.
I don't mean tidy my closet either. I emptied it, went through all my handbags, shoes and tried on all my clothes to see what fits and what I should get rid of. I had slipped on my suede jacket that I get to wear about once a year, put my hands in the pockets and you guessed it; I felt a tube of lipstick and my heart beat a little faster. Yes. It was THE lipstick. I have NO idea how it got in that jacket pocket. Megan was married Feb 23, the begining of summer. I hadn't worn a jacket in at least 8 weeks. I'm very happy to have my lipstick back, but now I'm going to drive myself crazy trying to figure out how it got there.
5 comments:
Yay!!! You found it. That is wonderful. I know how hard it is to find the perfect shade of lipstick. Hey, not a bad night's work, by the way. :-)
This post reminds me of the parable of the lost sheep. Or lost coin.
I have a friend who lost the diamond from her wedding ring this summer. After weeks of searching they found it.
How are you doing? Thanks for being a facebook friend with my mom :)
Oops--that was me. I borrowed your suede jacket and your lipstick to film a late-night infomercial. You understand, right?
One needs the lipstick glad you found it.What time did you get the closet put back together?
looks like Mac...love their lipstick. I love cleaning out closets too, leaves room for other things...Trish, you could, if you were so inspired repurpose your capris into long shorts, say above the knee? Just a thought... Also, I'd love to have you over for some tea.
Post a Comment