Do you know that saying? The first time I heard it was on Grey's Anatomy. It's having someone in your life that is always there for you, shows up no matter what, puts up with your BS, (in my case, chemical sensitivities) and continues to love you. As I read through Ecclesiastes this morning, which is a book a usually find kind of depressing, I was given hope and gratefulness. I had alway thought of Ecc 4:9-10 as talking about a married couple;
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor. If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them."
But today I realized it's talking about having a person.
I don't have a person; I have four. When my world fell apart Renee, who wasn't even home, but out of town, without me asking, drove through the night arriving at my house at 1am to sit with me. She then visited multiple times, bringing me encouragement, and packing up boxes.
Monica, who lives in Indiana, canceled appointments, found someone to watch her three homeschooled children, and drove to Asheville to spend a week with me.
Sarah, who was celebrating her 25th Anniversary, and on her family vacation, changed her plans and hopped on a plane in Orlando, to come take care of me.
Darlene, (and Mark) who has been my rock for so many years. She has helped me through many trials, and always provides a place of refuge for me. I don't even have the words to describe how special our relationship is.
I fell down, and these four friends picked me up, and I am so grateful for their friendship.




No comments:
Post a Comment