Friday, April 21, 2017

Do Something Outrageous

In my devotions this morning it talked about how creative God is and how we too should be creative. The passage goes on to say that once a week to something unexpected and outrageous; don't let people put you in a box. I love that idea! Except...I can't think of anything outrageous to do that wouldn't result in my death. Im looking for suggestions here, so if you think of anything, please comment.
This past week has been spent lounging writhing on the sofa, drinking copius amounts of water and parsley tea, and making frequent trips to the bathroom, as I battle a UTI. Ugh. I can't imagine working outside the home and having to deal with this. For fun I went back and read my blog from ten years ago. At that time I watched my very entertaining nephews nearly every day, and they provided alot of blogging fodder. I got a bit meloncholy and started missing FL, and my house and family there, until I reminded myself that I was SO SICK every. single. day. something that you don't realize in reading my blog. I clicked on links to other blogs; the ones that sent me free stuff (bloggers used to do that for no reason other than sense of community) and they were all dead.
I used to have a haiku blog, and I wrote a poem a day, but for some crazy reason I deleted it! I have no idea why, but I did find one of the haikus on my regular blog.

Haiku for My Husband.

Brewier hates to shop
He stands in Target with me
Love, stronger than hate.

What a difference ten years makes.



4 comments:

Brewier Welch said...

Challenge yourself and do things out of your comfort zone. That's how we grow. You don't have to be great at it, or even succeed. You just have to do.

Darlene Sherwood said...

Amen, Brewier!

Linda Sue McKinney said...

Brewier has it right - for me last year it was ziplining in Costa Rica! and I LOVED it - pick something and try it - failing doesn't make one a failure but rather it makes a person stronger - they are trying something and it didn't work that one time!

September said...

Ha ha, I like your haiku! This is such a nice corner of the internet!