Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Sometimes God Makes Himself Known at the Thrift Store.

I've been wanting a black leather for awhile now. I've looked in thrift stores, but there was nothing fashionable, or that fit. I've had a beauty of a jacket sitting in my online Nordstrom cart for over a week, its even on sale. For $300. Everyday I'd go visit it, and would come so close to purchasing it (free shipping free returns!) but I just couldn't spend that kind of money. Friday during my daily chat with God I mentioned I'd really like a black leather jacket, and a wide striped shirt. I then went online to search for options, and everytime I'd think about pushing the "buy now" button, I'd be convicted not to do it. Instead I went to Youtube and re-watched Moniques videos to learn how to do bolder makeup.

Saturday Brewier and I went on our usual Saturday morning date...thrifting. Recently we've been really disappointed. Less merchandise, and much higher prices, so I wasn't holding out much hope for finding anything, but then God answered my prayer. I walked to the coat rack and the first leather jacket I grabbed was exactly what I was looking for and it fit perfectly. I walked over to the row of well worn shabby shirts, and saw a bit of navy and white peeking out. It was the striped shirt of my dreams, and it too fit. I was ecstatic. In the attempt to add color to my wardrobe, I also bought an orange light weight jacket, which Im not posting photo of yet because the one Megan took for me, has my eyes looking like a raccons, due to my foray into bold eyemakeup.
Our next stop was Goodwill. Ugh. They have raised their prices, and don't have much merchandise in their store any more; this was reflected in the nearly empty parking lot. I walked through the aisles seeing nothing of interest and headed back to the belts. It took some hunting but I found a couple of leather belts for Brewier and a yellow Betsy Johnson belt for myself. I also scored 4 necklaces at the store before heading home.

My thrifted, answer to prayer outfit. (I already owned the jeans and shoes)


Here I am trying, and failing, to look bad ass in my leather jacket.




I think this is only the second yellow item I've ever owned. The first was a bikini when I was 15, which I stopped wearing when I found out it became see through when wet. #Brunette


Holy crepe paper Batman! This is my attempt at bolder eye makeup and eyebrows...Yeah, I need practice, and some really good eye cream. #nofilter



No comments: