Thursday, December 29, 2016

Fifty Five and Still Alive.

I really didn't expect to live to 55...had we stayed in FL, I may not have. But today I am celebrating with my family! Jessica and Ray got here late Wednesday night, so things have been hopping here. Our Christmas tree is loaded with gifts, and the kids are drawn to it like a magnet, trying to find gifts with their names, without touching anything.

We had a frost that turned our mountain into a magical place. By noon it had started to thaw and fall; it sounded like rain, it was so perfuse. Megan Oliver and I went outside and played in it like snow.







I started blogging this on the 23rd, and this is all the farther I got before the kids woke up and joined me on the sofa. I have spent the past 30 minutes writing the rest of the post only to have my computer freeze and delete it. I updated my OS yesterday to macOSsierra. since then my computer keeps freezing, I can't drop and drag photos to Flickr, along with a host of other annoying, "improvements." If you haven't updated, I reccomend you don't.

The morning of my birthday, Jessica and I went out ot City Bakery for breakfast, then went shoe shopping. I bought two pairs, but havent taken pics yet.


Without any communication between them, Brewier, Jessica and Megan, all got me coffee makers!


In the afternoon, Brewier and I went out to a couple of breweries, then to Farmburger for dinner. I was hoping to get a photo of my entire family together, but trying to get everyone in one room and standing still is nearly impossible. I posted a meme on Jessicas FB page that said, "I do not have ducks. They are not in a row. I have squirrels, and they are at a rave." That pretty much describes her life. (And in addition to her five kids, she DOES have a squirrel living in her house. Ray rescued it, and now it is a pet named Fluffy.)

And now, photos leading up to Christmas.

Oliver still askes to wash the dishes...such fun!






Crafting with friends.


Free Christmas wreaths from Trader Joes.



Kate.


Megan has a friend who is a master gardener, and he gave her 600 tulip bulbs.


Ray and Brewier planted some on the bank. Now for the other 575.















3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Looks like you had a very nice birthday and Christmas! Sad part about trying to plant tulips is, deer love them and will get dug up before they can bloom, too bad they weren't daffodil bulbs, animals don't like to eat those. Love all the icy photos.

khfrost said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Loved the photos, the NC mountains are magical. Hope your Christmas was one of your merriest.

Vickie said...

I was going to say I hope you had a Happy Birthday but I can see you did!
I'm glad you moved and made it to 55 because you seem much healthier now.
All your photos are awesome! Have a blessed New Year!!!