Sunday, October 02, 2016

Ahhh Autumn














Cooler weather is here...wahoo! This morning it was 45, warming up to a lovely 70 degrees this afternoon. I have to fight the thought that I should be out somewhere doing something. I sat on our deck this afternoon, enjoying our incredible view, when I heard what I thought were dogs walking through the yard, but when I looked out it was three bobcats, playing. I didn't get any pics because I was afraid if I moved it would frighten them away. They were beautiful, and much bigger than I imagined.
Friday Megan took the day off and we went to the Biltmore.The gardens are green with freshly planted mums, which should be in full bloom by the middle of the month. We hadn't been to the Biltmore winery since last fall, and the space has been remodeled; its beautiufl! After the Biltmore we walked around downtown, stopped by the drum circle, which was packed, and ate TexMex at Mamacittas. Brewier is NYC for a board meeting...American Airlines lost his luggage, so he is not a happy camper. You know all that info you put on your luggage ticket? The airlines don't look at it. They go by the bar code that is stuck on your suitcase, and Brewier is pretty sure they a different guys barcode, (who was going to Denver) on his luggage, so we won't ever see his belongings again.
My brother Ken got married this weekend, and my mom and Dick stopped by our house for a couple of hours on their way to the event. as I've said before, I miss drop by visits, so this was just what I needed.

No comments: