Monday, September 12, 2016

Pumpkin Spice Everything.

This pumpkin spice thing has gotten a little out of hand. Potato chips, kale chips, cereal, muffins, yogurt, ice cream, tea, coffee, vodka, beer, candles, you name, we Americans have it in pumpkin spice. Gross. Don't get me wrong, I love pumpkin pie, and make a mean pumkin bread, but thats about it. I posted on FB, that I've never had a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and my Australian friends commented on how pumpkin is only used in savory dishes on their side of the world, and cumin is the spice used in cooking it. I have half a can of pumpkin in my refrigerater right now and think I will make pumpkin scones with it. Autumn may not arrive for another ten days, but here on the mountain, our mornings are cool, and the leaves are changing color, plus I'm starting the whole 30 next week and am trying to squeeze in all of my favorite foods before I start. I found THIS recipe, and will use it, leaving out the nutmeg, because HELLO, nutmeg is a nut. I was perplexed on why I got sick everytime I consumed something with nutmeg in it, until that realizaton hit me. Same thing with shea butter. I'd use it and my skin would get dry and red, then it hit me, it's shea NUT butter. Duh.
Yesterday morning Brewier and I went to Barnes and Noble, so I could look at fall magazines and get my cinnamon scone fix. Mmmm. So good.


1 comment:

Vickie said...

Did you see the pumpkin spice toilet tissue by charmin?