Monday, August 22, 2016

Our Weekend.











Friday evening we took cheese and crackers to Catawba. That along with beer was our dinner. I wish I didn't find beer so delicious; I've gained back most of the weight I lost following the Whole 30. Every week I tell myself, "This week I'll start the whole 30 again...its only 30 days..." Then we go out to a brewery, or company comes into town, or I feel the desprate need to bake. I end up feeling guilty and disgusted with myself, but that doesn't change the fact that I continue to eat drink and be merry.

Saturday Brewier worked on his budget most of the day, so by Sunday, he was ready to get out of the house. The Biltmore gardens are at their peak right now, so despite the Florida like humidity, we walked the gardens and some of the trails. I love this bridge across the bass pond. If you've ever watched the movie, Last of the Mohicans, this bridge is featured in one of the shots. I copied this list from the Biltmore blog, listing the movies filmed on the estate.

Tap Roots, 1948: Van Heflin and Susan Haywood star in this oddball adventure.

The Swan, 1956: Starring Grace Kelly, a fairytale comes to life as a princess is courted by a commoner.

Being There, 1979: Regarded as Peter Sellers’ last great screen performance, he takes a turn as a simple gardener who rises to great political heights.

The Private Eyes, 1980: Tim Conway and Don Knotts search for clues in this whodunnit mystery.

Mr. Destiny, 1990: Jim Belushi portrays a high-school baseball championship strikeout who muddles along until he receives a little help from Michael Caine
.
The Last of the Mohicans, 1992: Daniel Day-Lewis and Madeleine Stowe bring James Fenimore Cooper’s novel to the silver screen.

Richie Rich, 1994: Macaulay Culkin portrays the comic book billionaire.

Forrest Gump, 1994: Tom Hanks changes history as a mild mannered man.

My Fellow Americans, 1996: Jack Lemmon, James Garner, and Dan Akroyd duel it out in the political comedy.

Patch Adams, 1998: Robin Williams portrays a rural doctor in the 1950s.

Hannibal, 2000: Anthony Hopkins stars in the sequel to “The Silence of the Lambs.”

The Odd Life of Timothy Green, 2012: Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton star in this magical story of a childless couple that finds a mysterious child.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I hear ya on the treats! I'm really good most of the week, until we all relax on the weekends and then game over. I have a physical on the 29th :( When Caitlin and Cyrous were living here this past year, we all had a little too much fun with cooking so I'm not looking forward to getting on that scale :(

You guys looks too cute in the last picture! Hip grandparents ;)