Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Are They Worms?

First, the sunset last night. Breathtaking


Walking through the morning fog to pick berries. Our yard is full of these bushes, that the animals all ignore. I looked online and believe they are wine berries, aka japanese raspberries. We've ben eating them straight off the bush, and they are super sweet. I brought a bowl full inside and soaked them in water to get rid of any bugs. What I got were worm looking things. Six soakings later, I'm still getting worm looking things off of them. Are they worms? They look like pin worms...oh the horror. I'm am not eating them off the bush anymore. Maybe this is why the bears don't partake.





After some research, I'm pretty sure they are they larva from the Spotted Wing Drosophila. This seems to be becoming an epidemic with raspberries and marionberries.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

I love the shot of Oliver walking in the "enchanted forest". It would make a nice painting!