Monday, June 13, 2016

Pajama Monday.







Yesterday Brewier and I drove along the breathtakingly beautiful Blueridge Parkway, stopping to hike the trail at Devils Courthouse. Anytime a trail or mountain has the name devil in it; you know it will be challanging. The trail is only a mile, but most of that is very steep; Brewier commented on how surprised he was that it wasn't better cared for. I told him it was most likely because so few people could hike it. We didn't have much trouble, I only had to stop once to catch my breath. Once at the top you can see, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee; so expansive and beautiful. The photo of the path way is what we are calling the, "Pee Path." There were no portapottys, so when we came across this little trail, we took advantage of it. As I was walking this trail, I kept seeing little white blobs of decomposing tissues, confirming that we were not alone in using this little private area.

Today is pajama Monday; laundry, cleaning, cooking, and other domestic doings. I can't call them chores because I enjoy it all, and actually look forward to Mondays, and creating order.
I just finished putting clean sheets on my bed, and am already anticipating going to bed, showered, fresh pajamas, and a good book to read. I love clean sheets. This is the book I am currently reading. Lately I've been having trouble finding good books, so many are formulaic, and within a few pages I'm bored.

No comments: