Saturday, June 11, 2016

I thought I Was Safe.

We've been having the most beautiful weather, here on top of the mountain. The hunidity is lower and the temperature 6-10 degrees cooler, than downtown. I have had my windows open, taking advantage of the constant breeze blowing fresh air through my house. Thursday, my neighbor with the beautiful back yard, (which is kept that way with copious amounts of pesticide,) decided to spray the plants between our houses, and because it was windy, all that pestcide quickly blew into, and filled my house. It is no exageration when I say I thought I was going to die. Megan got me in the car and away from the house pretty quick, but I am still reeling from the effects of the poison. I'm having trouble breathing, my body feels like it has been run over by a truck, and my brain dosn't function...I just lay on the sofa all day doing nothing.
I thought I was safe on a mountain at 3000 feet.


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh man! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Darn neighbors! Mean while, our neighbors have decided to fill a kiddie pool for their dog, and now it has been sitting there with a breading ground for mosquitos. I'm giving them until this weekend to do something about it, then I think we have to tell them. Not looking forward to this :( Can you talk to the neighbors?

September said...

That sucks.
I never realized what a problem chemicals and scents can be until I started reading your blog. It's made me much more aware!

Vickie said...

So sorry to hear that. I can't believe that would happen.
Hope you're better soon. Maybe you should talk to her
and let her know about your health issues and if she could
please let you know when she's planning on poisoning the
neighborhood so you can close your windows and go into
town for some coffee or something. Sheesh..unbelievable!