Tuesday, May 03, 2016

The Living Dead.

That was me last weekend. After threee rounds of house guests, the last being Jessica and her five children, I was wiped out. I spent all day Saturday laying on the sofa watching season seven of Greys Anatomy, on Netflix, then went to bed at 9pm, and slept until 7am. TEN HOURS! Thats unheard of for me; normally I'm lucky if I can sleep for six. Sunday evening, I forced myself to stay awake until 9:30; today, I'm still tired.
One thing I realized during my downtime, is that I don't miss social media. Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest (which fills my feed with ads and suggested pins) have changed so much and lost their appeal. I'm thinking of deleating my FB account and sticking to the ancient craft of blogging. Anyone else feel this way?












2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm really tired of Pinterest doing suggested pins. First it was "picked for you." Now if you pin one subject matter, the next time you go on, there are a ton of the same thing you pinned by other people. I found what I wanted, why do they think I keep wanting to see the same thing over and over again! It's messed up. Facebook forget it, it's a waste of time, and I only keep it to be connected on messenger with Nicole in London. It's still the easiest to get a hold of her, other wise I feel the same. I'm still a sucker for Instagram though, but now they are tinkering with that, but I still like it. I'm still trying to keep my blog alive though so I'll still be not here.

September said...

I agree with you. And I'm delighted you're blogging more about your day to day. I enjoy reading it and because of you, one day I want to visit the Biltmore.
It's funny how after reading people's blogs for so many years - like yours and Jane's, I feel like your friend despite never meeting. It's rare to find blogs like yours and hers though.
I would like to open my blog up to the public but it's more like my diary and there would be way too much personal stuff so no go.