Friday, May 06, 2016

The Craft Project.

The project Oliver picked out from the book, was a birdhouse, made from cereal box cardboard, and embelished with recycled paper and pom poms. This was an adult level project. I cut out all the cardboard pieces, then called Oliver to join me to assemble it. Mostly I assembled it because it involved using a glue gun. Once we got the house together, Oliver looked at it and asked, "Can a bird really live in this?" I had to explain to him that it was a puely decorative item, and thats when he lost interest. What he was excited about was the leftover scrap cardboard. He kind of reminds me of myself in that aspect. Most of my best projects are created from discared bits and pieces. He loves drawing pictures of he and Megan, and of our family...and he is quite prolific. See all of our fingers and toes? He counts aloud as he draws them.
The drawing with the frown face is because Megan wasn't feeling well and was sad.




While sitting at the table, we heard a loud bang on the dining room window. We looked outside and saw a little bird lying on the ground, visably stunned. Oliver asked if he could pet it, and when I said yes, he picked it up and started cuddling it. Eventually the bird recovered and flew away, hopefully not scarred from Olivers love.


Today my project is recovering these dirty chairs; they look much worse in person. I LOVE the zebra, but I don't want to spend $30 to replace it, so I'm using a Target Curtain that I picked up at Goodwill for $10.


1 comment:

Darlene Sherwood said...

Maybe the birdie saw the house you made and was trying to get a better look.
I remember when you first covered those chairs. Be sure to post your next transformation.