Wednesday, May 18, 2016

It's 5pm and I Just Now Showered.

I got up this morning with every intention of getting showered and dressed, but somehow ended up drinking three cups of coffee while building things with Oliver. From there he day just steamrolled with me catching up on laundry and ironing that didn't get done Monday, as well as vacuuming and dusting. I made a loaf of cinnamon swirl bread that is to die for, did some yoga, while the rest of my time was spent playing with Oliver. I'm tired near tears and came to the realization that I may still be getting over this virus. I texted Brewier and told him that I was a bad wife, with no food to feed him for dinner, and he texted back that he would pick something up and come home and take care of me. Yes, I am that lucky.

Our next door neighbors are a lovely couple in their 70's and yesterday Oliver went over to say hi and ask if he could walk through their gardens. After his walk he knocked on their door and asked if he could come in and play with some of their stuff, (they have grandchildren who live locally, thus they have toys.) Oliver had such a great time building things with the work bench, that they sent it home with him, to use for a while. He was so jazzed that he couldn't get to sleep, so Megan let him stay up late, building things.


We cut up paper bags and old boxes to draw and paint robots on.



And while it doesn't sound like a busy day, this is the first chance I've had to sit down.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

It actually does sound busy. I hope you feel better soon!