Tuesday, May 10, 2016

I'm Like a Teenager Whose Parents are Out of Town.

Let me preface this with saying that, Brewier is the most undemanding husband. If I've been crafting "working" all day and have nothing prepared for dinner, he's okay eating a grilled cheese sandwich. Or if his shirts didn't get ironed because I was out shopping, he just gets up early the next day and irons a shirt. However, when he goes out of town for a couple of days, I get giddy. Read a book all day? Sure! Rice puding for dinner? Why not?! So this morning after Brewier left for a conference in Myrtle Beach, Megan and I went out for coffee, a walk around downtown with a stop in Horse and Hero to restock Megans art work, picked up some library books, then went for fries and beer at Wicked Weed. It all feels very decadent. For dinner, I DID eat homeade rice pudding and kale and brown rice cheese bake. I feel gross, and thankfully Brewier is not here being subjected to my lactose intolerence.

This afternoon our next door neighbors invited us to tour their garden. It's a series of landscaped paths, and is comparable to the Biltmore in its beauty.









3 comments:

Vickie said...

You sound like me - the parent out of town thing. Your neighbors garden is gorgeous!

Elizabeth said...

I have done the same type of thing when Davis has had business trips😄😄 That yard is beautiful!

Linda Sue McKinney said...

so have you videoed yourself re creating the infamous Tom Cruise wearing only white socks and a white shirt dancing around the house like in Risky Business.
I am the same - will eat leftover pizza for breakfast and binge read all day long!