Saturday, May 21, 2016

Goodbye Goodwill


My friend Kelley, posted this to my Facebook page; she knows me well. I go to thrift stores weekly and most of Breweirs work wardrobe comes from Salvation Army, and Goodwill...except for pants. It's nearly impossible to find decent pants at either of these places. I've purchased some very nice, quality shirts recently, trying to add variety to my wardrobe, but when I put them on, I feel like a dog who has had a bad haircut.

Both of these tunics are silk; the one on the left is JCrew, the one on the right a Brittsh designer whose name I can't recall. The shirts fit me, but I feel so weird, and ugly in them.


I was trying to add some color when I bought the brown shirt. Normally I stay away from button shirts because they don't fit me well, but this one is actually flattering, and I may keep, and wear it. (Brewier likes it.) The shirt on the right, is Lcuky brand and like new. I thought it was really cute, even though it is a strong pattern. After putting it on for Jessica, she suggested I not wear it, as it really aged me. She was right; I have to keep reminding my self that I'm not so young or thin anymore.


I think I will take a break from my thrift store ways; I don't really need anything, and it's too easy to buy something you don't love, when it's only $4. I did have alot of fun at Goodwill, curating a whole new wardrobe for Megans friend, Shirlee. She is a tiny thing, and everything she puts on looks great, plus there are far more stylish choices in the size small section. This was at the airport when she was heading home. Doesn't she look like a celebrity?

No comments: