Friday, February 05, 2016

Oh Happy Day!

Brewier got the job offer I'd been praying for. It's here in Asheville, just 4.5 miles from home! Right now he is in NYC for orientation, and while he is off working, I'm celebrating the fact that I am back in the city I love. Megan and I went to Burial Beer, for their Chocolate Raspberry Porter release. I could only drink 1/3 of it, but Melissa joined us and had no problem finishing it for me.







We then went to Wicked Weed, to meet up with another friend and enjoy some candied brussel sprouts with bacon.


Today Meg and I stopped in Rue, a bakery located in the spot formerly occupied by the French Broad Chocolate Lounge. It was meh.


On the way back to the car, I took a pic of the light outside Bluebell restraunt.


Art inside Izzys coffee den.


I just finished watching the series, "Nurse Jackie," on Netflix. Have you seen it. Wow. Gives you a lot to think about.

6 comments:

Susan Mortensen said...

I just stumbled across your blog when I googled "Does anyone have personal blogs anymore" and your entry from 2013 popped up...and then I thought, yea, but I bet she doesn't still blog...and I was surprised yet again. Thanks for your blog...it is awesome that someone still blogs for personal reasons that is not full of commercialized content. Blah! I just might have to dust the cobwebs off my old writing desk. =)

Just Me said...

Tricia, so happy for you both!!! Yipee! Wonderful pictures and could eat the roasted veggies right off your blog!

Vickie said...

Happy for you that Brewier got the job you've been praying for.

khfrost said...

Congrats on the job. I love following all the little hotspots go to Asheville. One of these days I'm going to check all these coffee, beer and wine spots out.

Elizabeth said...

Yay! Congrats to Brewier. How nice that he will be close to home.

September said...

That's great news!
I bought the Whole 30 cookbook because of how great it was for you!
September