Monday, February 15, 2016

Hello Beautiful.

We were sitting on the sofa Thursday evening and Brewier asked me when I wanted to celebrate our 35th anniversary, (which is today,) and exchange gifts. "We're exchanging gifts?!" was my reply. I enjoy gifts very much, but they aren't my love language, (that would be acts of service,) so I was caught of gaurd. The next day I made a batch of black walnut fudge, (or as Oliver says, "Scrudge") for Brewier, as my gift to him. This is what he got me.


Yes, this is the espresso machine I have lusted after for years. I think I got the better end of the deal. Brewier also posted the most lovely thing on his Facebook page, and I'm copying it here so I will always be able to go back and read it.



"We were married 35 years ago today. We were young and naive, and neither of us knew what we were getting into. Needless to say, we have had our rough times, and for the longest time I did not fully appreciate just how special you were to me.
Three children, nine grandchildren, ten moves, and too many jobs later, our love for each other has grown and we have a stronger relationship and are closer now than ever before.
You have spent these past 35 years patiently, well not always patiently, trying to get me to grow up, take responsibility for my actions, and just be a real man. And, you wanted me to truly love you. It has been a long, slow, and many times, painful process. I have not always been the easiest of husbands to live with. But you stuck with me, even when many women would not have.
You have helped me see so many things about myself that needed to change. You taught me how to dress, to find the creativity I didn’t even realize I had, to have more patience, and to appreciate the small things in life.
I am a better person than I would have been without you. I am truly enjoying our time together and I look forward to the rest of our lives together. I hope we make it another 35 years.
Thank you Tricia.
I LOVE YOU and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!"

I'm glad we celebrated Saturday, because Sunday I woke up sick. Oliver who is also sick sat in bed with me all day. I'm really hoping this isn't one of those two week viruses.


4 comments:

khfrost said...

We have a Breville espresso maker too, you will love it. It takes a little playing with to find the right grind, but well worth the practice. There are tons of YouTube videos too. Enjoy!!!

Elizabeth said...

Have fun with your new toy! I want to see some foam art soon :)

Just Me said...

Oh my goodness.......I didn't think anything could surpass the beautiful post that Brewier wrote to you......HOWEVER..... is it wrong to lust after a gift your husband gave you for your anniversary? Because.....I am :-)

It is almost too beautiful to use......almost.

So happy for you! Get well soon.

Linda Sue McKinney said...

wow now that's a perfect gift for you and incredible salute from Brewier to the remarkable woman you are for him -