Friday, January 01, 2016

New Years Resolutions.



1. Put my grandchildren's birthdays on a calendar, so I will not be sending them gifts from Amazon, two days after the fact. I have nine grandchildren. I know the birthdays of two of them. Addison, because she was my first, and Oliver, because he lives with me.

2. Start the Whole 30 again. Between company, getting sick, moving, and the holidays, I ate drank and was merry, much to the detriment of my health. I feel pretty crummy right now, so eating clean again is very appealing.

3. Get my Etsy shop up and running again. I have so much vintage jewelry, and other treasures I need to sell. How many times in the past 13 years have I blogged that sentence?

4. Eliminate things in my house that I don't love and use regularly. Decor, glassware, pillows, collectables. I'm pretty good at getting rid of stuff; the older I get the less emotionally attached to things. Every time we move, we get rid of approximately 20% of our belongings.

5. Utilize my pretty purple Filofax, also referred to as, "My brain."

1 comment:

Linda Sue McKinney said...

hmm don't now if my brain is purple or not - it surely isn't a filofax - more a stack of stuff. I have been putting birthdays and such on calendar - no other way to avoid the Amazon gift card presents!
Yes getting rid of stuff you don't love - a real challenge for me since I remarried - so much of the stuff from previous life for him is NOT what I'd like in my home. I'm not an antique quilts and kitten pictures kinda gal!
enjoy your getting clean with diet - I seem to have reached a strange point of being tired of eating and planning what to eat and fixing - etc etc