Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Knit one...I'll purl later.

Yesterday I was in Barnes and Noble, looking at all the lovely Christmas magazines, trying to think of a way to justify spending $11 on one. (There is no way to justify that.) A woman talking on the phone was standing next to me looking at knitting magazines while talking on the phone, so I couldn't help but overhear what she was saying. She was speaking ever so sweetly to whoever was on the other end, saying not to worry about dinner, she'd make cocktails and snacks to nibble on. I looked over and smiled at her and she smiled back. When her conversation was over, she walked toward the bench I was sitting on, and I commented to her, that her evening sounded wonderful. She sat down next to me and we started chatting. She told me she was addicted to knitting magazines, and I mentioned that I had always wanted to learn to knit. She said I should check out some meet up groups, and that there was group meetin at a coffee shop on Wednesday. She didn't normally go, but she'd show up if I wanted to learn to knit, so thats what I did this afternoon.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hope you enjoy your knitting lessons! I tried to take a crochet class with Caitlin and I was hopeless. I think the yarn arts are not for me sadly, as there are so many beautiful things to make :( Caitlin took to it though, so I guess I can have her make me things hahah

Vickie said...

Yay! I know you've wanted to make friends there. So happy that you're getting two gifts together, new friends and learning to knit. Art and crafting friends are the best - after christian friends. It was good to see you Saturday. Wish it could have been different over coffee and just us. Maybe another time.

Theresa Gustafson said...

Fun!