Thursday, October 01, 2015

Rain, Rain, Go Away.

I love grey rainy day's, I really do, but it has been *raining for a solid week. It started last Thursday on our trip home from Florida. We had planned on being home before dark; both Megan and myself have night blindness, but Columbia S.C., traffic, delayed us an hour; it's as bad as driving through Atlanta. So dusk is approaching, and it starts raining. Not sprinkling, but raining cats and dogs...and it's getting darker, and the state of S.C., apparently doesn't believe in reflective paint on their interstate. As Megan so accurately put it, "It's like driving on a mirror, with a disco ball spinning, blinding you." It was a really intense drive, and we were thankful to have made it home safely.
Our autumn color is starting to appear, but the leaves are being knocked off the trees before we can enjoy them, and oh, by the way, we are supposed to get hit by a hurricane this weekend. I keep forgetting I live in a coastal state. If I wasn't getting company next week, I'd be in the car, driving back to Florida. Yeah, I can't believe I just said that either.
So between the rain, missing my Fl. family and friends, starting the Whole 30 program, looking for a new home, and Brewiers, job coming to an end tomorrow, I've been down in the dumps.


There was a short break in the rain, so I took Megan and Oliver up Elk Mountain, so Oliver could climb rocks, one of his most favorite things to do.



Meg saw this bumper sticker on a car, and shouted, "Mom! Thats you!" Guilty as charged.



*We've been in a severe drought, so the rain really is welcomed.

1 comment:

Kristen J said...

Hi!!! Let me say that I sincerely hope that you take my comment in good stride. I've been following your blog for a long time, have sent a few comments here and there, but felt the need to respond tonight. Being a North Carolina native (after living in Atlanta, NYC and LA) I totally relate to your circumstances. Hence why I still read your blog! Your family totally relates to mine in many ways, and please know you will get through your trials. Keep doing what your doing, live, be strong, cook and keep showing us your outings! I LOVE Asheville, and visit there when I need an artistic pick me up. I live in Gibsonville (near Greensboro and Burlington) and LOVE it!!! Keep your head up, and be happy you have a beautiful family who loves you! ---Sincerely, Kristen P.S. Stay dry this weekend and drink lots of coffee! :-)