Thursday, October 22, 2015

I Heart Goodwill

You know I'm a thrift store shopper; I love the hunt for a good deal, but when we first moved to Asheville, I was really disappointed in what I found in the thrift stores, most of the clothing was poor quality, and very well worn, and household items were really shabby. Now that Asheville is growing, and affluent people moving here by the droves, things have picked up at Goodwill. Last week we found a camel hair coat for Brewier, ($15) and today we found 2 dress shirts, 2 ties, two sweaters, and even a shirt for me, all like new, for $21, SCORE! Jessica even found two very nice winter coats for herself. What isn't a bargain at Goodwill, and tends to sit forever, unsold, the merchandise they receive from Target. Most likely because they are trying to sell it for more than what Target was clearancing it out for.



Jessica and the family left today, but will be back in a week, to stay with us a few more days. While here, I took Addison on a date to the Beehive.


We also met our friend Theresa, at the Beehive. We became friends in Florida, 25 years ago, and she now lives less that an hour from Asheville. I hope to make our visits a regular thing.


Me and my sweetie, at the Italian Gardens at the Biltmore.


4 comments:

Just Me said...

Wow....double wow....you look fabulous! Healthier, too.

Vickie said...

Everyone looks great! And you look so good I've decided to try the Whole 30 diet starting today!
Pray for me and I'll pray for you to keep going!

Erin said...

Tricia, you look FANTASTIC!

September said...

Hey - I emailed you after the post you wrote a week or so ago...must have went to your junk mail?