Wednesday, July 29, 2015

What's Goin' On.

(Marvin Gaye)

When I'm not hanging out at the Beehive or Sierra Nevada, I'm online looking for our next home. Houses are sparse; houses I can actually be in, are even rarer. At least we have 6 months to find a new place, though the thought of packing up and moving again makes me cringe. In the back of my mind is the thought that, we can move any where in the USA we want, since we don't own a home, and Brewier works interim jobs. The Pacific Northwest always pops into my mind, but now that it is supposed to be hit by an earthquake, tsunami, and fall into the ocean at anytime...maybe I'll stay in the mountains on this side of the Mississippi.

Monday, I'm having surgery on my ankle, to remove the gigantic, "giant cell tumor," I actually have two of them on my ankle now. Every time I say tumor, I hear, and say it like Arnold.



Friday is Brewier's last day of work in Hertford, NC. Next Wednesday, he starts a new interim job in Lexington, NC, just 150 miles from home. Wahoo!

We filed for bankruptcy this month. Not fun. The weird thing is, as soon as we filed, our credit score went up...it's higher now than when we were paying on our credit cards.

Yesterday while at the Beehive, a man driving a pickup that said, "Papa Smurf," on the side of it, stopped in and asked if we wanted doughnuts. He goes to Krispy Kreme every Monday and Tuesday, buys 400 dozen doughnuts, and gives boxes of them to homeless people, and anyone else who wants them.

I was on my computer, and wanted to show Megan something. I walked all through the house, and outside looking for her, without and success. Imagine my surprise in realizing that she was asleep at my feet, in Olivers giant pile of stuffed animals.



2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

They have been saying that about the pacific northwest forever! Just come out here hahahah. I think you would love Seattle or maybe Portland. I have lived through two significant earthquakes so far, and if you are prepared and know what to do, it really isn't as terrifying as you might think.

Hope all goes well with the surgery, and oh how I know how you feel right now about looking for a place :( Many tears shed and anxiety. When I finally let go of looking for homes in the town that I have lived in for over 20 years and looked further afield, that is when I found this place. I always tried to stay in Walnut Creek because of the schools mainly, but now that we don't have to worry about that, I decided it was time to look elsewhere. I only live 10 min away though, so really not bad at all, and I love the small town quality of where we are now. People are just nicer out here :) Anyway, hope you find something that you will love.

Erin said...

You could still do the PNW, just stay east of I5. Bend is nice :)