Sunday, July 26, 2015

Deadly Clocks, and First Dates.

Everyone has one of those, right? This morning Brewier and I went to a new flea market, here in Asheville. It was a real flea market, like you see on HGTV...it was fabulous. I didn't intend to purchase anything, but when I spied my dream clock, with a price tag 1/4 of what it sells for on Ebay, I snatched it up. Who cares that it's radioactive. Yes, it really is; the hands are painted with a glow in the dark radium paint, but you know how I like to live life on the edge.

Here is my beautiful, deadly, Jefferson Golden Hour.



I thought this was a great idea for an umbrella skeleton.


It was hard, but I resisted this.


Yesterday Sophie asked if we were up to anther visit to Sierra Nevada. Who am I to deny the woman an afternoon of fun?



While waiting for our food to arrive, we watched a man and woman walk in and awkwardly sit at a table. It was SO obvious that they were on a first date. We watched their entire date, from eating, to walking around outside, to sitting down in separate adirondack chairs, and ignoring each other while on their phones. I'm pretty sure there won't be a second date. It did provide us with some great entertainment though. Him, looking very Asheville, with a beard, shorts and ball cap. Her, in a very short, sheer, "naked dress," without any undergarments on. Maybe this was a blind date?


Other things going on this past week, A walk through the gardens at Biltmore,



Oliver discovered my rock collection,


We went to the downtown splash park,


Made paleo muffins,


and went for a walk on a new to us trail, in Weaverville. There we came across this sculpture, with one of my favorite quotes on it.


No comments: