Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My First Time.

I've never eaten or cooked risotto, but after seeing this recipe for Garlic Butter Mushroom Risotto, I knew I had to try it. I'm disappointed. It's edible, but the rice tastes a bit dry and dusty; not what I expected. I followed the directions; stirring warm chicken broth in, little by little, but...yeah, I'll have to order it out some time, but for now, it's given me a really bad stomach ache, probably because I kept eating more and more of it, hoping it would taste good.


Monday morning while Megan and I were having coffee at The Beehive, I got a phone call from my nephew Sam. He says he is just minutes away from Asheville, (traveling with his aunt and nana,to TN,) and asks if can he stay with me a couple of nights, so we grab our coffees and head to Target, our rendezvous spot. Oliver was so jazzed to get to spend time with his cousin, and it gave Megan a break from his continual request for a brother and sister.







No comments: