Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It Was Kind of Like a Comedy...

Only with a great deal of pain. (this post contains a graphic photo...you've been warned.)
My moms bags were packed and sitting by the front door. It was almost time to take her to the airport, but I was making us a bite of dinner first. Then I remembered I hadn't fed the fish their dinner, so I went out the door into the garage to get there food...except my foot slipped on the last stair and I bashed my knee, and fell onto the corner of the raised wood platform, that our dryer sits on. I thought I was going to throw up it hurt so bad; and being of, "a certain age," I didn't just mess up my knee, but also my hip, back and neck. As I lay on the sofa writhing, Megan got me an ice pack, and went to the kitchen to chop the cilantro for our dinner. A few seconds later I hear her shout, "Ow, Ow, Ow! I just sliced off the tip of my finger." Blood was everywhere, and my mom goes to the kitchen and says, "Megan, your finger tip is on the cutting board, do you want it?" Meg went into shock, I'm still writhing in pain, and it's time to take my mom to the airport. You can't make this stuff up!
We all got into the car, Meg in the back seat with Oliver, her finger wrapped in paper towels, elevated above her head, hand cramping from the death grip she has on it, trying to stop the flow of blood. I'm still feeling sick to my stomach, body hurting, but am in charge of driving to the airport. Thirty minutes later, we drop my mom off at the curb, and head to the nearest urgent care center, to have Megan's finger bandaged.

She was all smiles today,despite her throbbing finger.


I changed the dressing this afternoon, and we took a few pictures.

No comments: