Wednesday, April 29, 2015

We Have a Publix!!

Only transplanted Floridians can understand my complete joy over this. I love our local Ingles; but nothing compares to Publix. The grand opening was this morning, and the place was a mad house. I braved the crowds for one item.


I have been craving a key lime pie, but was unable to find Nellie and Joe's, anywhere...and no other lime juice will do.

Megan had some prints to drop off downtown at Horse and Hero, and she carried Oliver back to the car; he was so happy. Look at that sweet face.



We were at the Biltmore as the sun was setting one evening. The, "canola," plants were just glowing. I put canola in quotation marks because that is what the Biltmore is calling the crop. There is no such thing as a canola plant. It's rapeseed, and was used as a machine lubricant, until it was discovered that it could be chemically processed into an oil for human consumption. I avoid it as much as possible. But it is pretty.

No comments: