Monday, March 16, 2015

Because Nothing Proclaims the Death and Resurrection of Jesus, like Glittered, Rhinestoned, Eggs.

I was needing to be crafty; I get depressed when I'm not making something, so I went to the Dollar Tree and bought a ten pack of hideously colored styrofoam eggs. I wasn't to concerned of what they looked like, because my goal was to transform them. A little Elmer's glue, some glitter and rhinestones, and the eggs were much more suited to my taste. I've had this glitter forever; it's Martha Stewarts brand and is extra fine, which I love, but it gets on everything. Today I walked into Mountain Mojo and Kelly looked at me and in all sincerity, asked if I got my nose pierced. No, just a perfectly placed piece of glitter, which she kindly removed from my nose, and which I noticed on her forehead a short time later. There's a reason glitter is referred to as the herpes of the craft world.




I was so pleased with how the eggs turned out, that I decided to make a silver glittered rabbit. I hunted for a plain styrofoam, or papier mache rabbit, but they were really pricey. I spotted this nicely shaped, purple rabbit, in the dollar spot at Target. Ugly; yes. But I had plans. (Why do they make so many ugly decorations?) I rubbed off as much of the purple stuff as I could, then painted glue onto the ear, and coated it in glitter. Yuck. It looked like my bunny had a terrible skin condition, so I thought I'd soak the bunny in water and try to rub all the purple stuff off. Bad idea on so many levels. First, I realized the skin on my hands was coming off. Hmmm, toxic glue perhaps? Then I noticed all the silver glitter coating my mop bucket. Glitter never goes away, so now when I mop my floors, they will literally sparkle, just not in a good way.






4 comments:

Jane said...

Your egg tree is elegant and awesome. Just like you.

Elizabeth said...

I think Jesus would be happy with these!

Just Me said...

lol .....unbelievable timing on the glitter story...as you will see shortly, love the eggs...

Vonlipi said...

You made me laugh really hard with your glitter adventures! I will be putting my house on the market shortly so no glitter for me!

I hope your hands feel better