Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Doldrums.

They've hit me hard. I miss having friends that drop by for a chat, it's been too damp and windy to go outside, and our financial situation can only be described as dire. Megan suggested I get out of the house for awhile, so we went to Barnes and Noble, where Oliver played at theLego table, and Megan and I talked about things for me to make and put in my Etsy shop. My vintage wares get favorited, but rarely sell, and shipping odd shipped items can cost a fortune, so on to crafty endeavors. Once home, I was inspired to turn my chairs to face each other, creating a cozy reading area and making the books more accessible.


(Nope. Still haven't made slipcovers.)

This is a bit blurry because I took it while walking through the store; this guy had the longest dreads I've ever seen.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have a picture of a guy in Berkeley, with dreads all the way sweeping the floor! It was quite impressive!!

I think about you daily, and hope that things start to look up for you guys soon. I know all too well how your situation feels :(

Linda Sue McKinney said...

concerned for your situation - you all love Asheville so very much and it does seem to "fit you" in so many ways. I get it about missing friends - I've just moved an hour's drive away and it seems I'm off the face of the planet!