Friday, January 02, 2015

Oh Pinterest.

I l-o-v-e Pinterest. It makes me happy, inspired and relaxed to scroll through all those pretty pictures and wonderful ideas. Most of the pinterest ideas I've tried are successful, a few, mainly recipes, have flopped. My most recent pinterest project was poo poo spray. Are you familiar with it?



You spray the surface of the water before you poo, and voila, no odor. This product holds great appeal to me because I live in an open concept house, and the bathroom is not tucked into private area, nor does it have much of a vent fan. Most of the time we light matches to disguise any escaping odor, but my house was beginning to smell like a forest fire, so when I found a recipe for the poo poo spray, and I already had all the ingredients, I whipped up a batch of spray. It took less than 2 minutes. This stuff is magic; it really works, and now I want to make a travel size for in my purse for those Mountain Mojo moments.


Homemade Poo-Poo Spray inspired by fabulousfarmgirl.com

1/2 cup water
1 tsp. rubbing alcohol (or substitute 2 tsp. vodka, or pure grain alcohol.)
1 tsp. vegetable glycerine (or substitute 1/2 tsp. castile soap, which is what I used.)
45 drops of your favorite essential oil. I had tangerine on hand, so that is what I used,

3 drops blue food coloring, (so you can make sure the surface of the water is completely covered by the spray.

Mix all ingredients very well in a small bowl. (I just put everything directly into the bottle.) Using a funnel, pour into a 4 oz. glass spray bottle. Seal tightly and label.

To use: Shake bottle well. Spritz 5-6 sprays onto toilet water surface, then do your business. Flush and be amazed that your bathroom smells like a citrus grove.

My other favorite pin has me wondering why I didn't think of this myself. Instead of nailing pictures, or other decorative items to the wall, put a strip of painters tape on the back of your frame, and another strip of tape on the wall where you want your frame to hang. Get your hot glue gun and squeeze glue onto the strip of tape on the wall, then stick your frame up, tape to tape. Brilliant! Today I took down my Merry Christmas frame, and I had to really pull to get the glue to release, even so, there was no damage to the frame or wall.


I used this method to keep our stocking holders firmly anchored to the mantel.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm with you on the Pinterest thing! Both Caitlin and I get this overwhelming sensation in our stomachs when we scroll through Pinterest. Every time we tell people they think we are crazy. The sensation is like butterflies and it slightly hurts hahahahah. Sometimes I have to get off, because the visual stimulation is so great that it really physically hurts too much!!!

That poo poo spray sounds like a great idea!