Monday, January 26, 2015

God Gave Me HGTV.

I don't pray formally anymore. I used to spend time in deep prayer, but I've let the intense spiritual side of me slip. Not being able to go to church, Bible studies, or meet with other believers has made me lazy. I wonder, is God even listening to me? I didn't pray about HGTV. I go through my daily activities, not so much praying, but conversing with the Lord, one of thoughts was, "I don't miss television, but I wish I could watch HGTV." The next day I was cleaning up apps on my iPad, and one of those, is a friends cable company app, and account, that I use when I'm in FL. I opened it it, and HGTV came on. Apparently they've started allowing some stations to be accessed through wifi. More important than having the station I wanted, is the reassurance that the Lord is taking care of me, and listening to the tiniest most unimportant desires of my heart.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

One of my favorite posts of your many wonderful ones. And not because it involves one of my favorite shows. :-) Because of this:

"More important than having the station I wanted, is the reassurance that the Lord is taking care of me, and listening to the tiniest most unimportant desires of my heart."

And especially because of this:

"I go through my daily activities, not so much praying, but conversing with the Lord,"

Because you just defined 'pray without ceasing' perfectly!

One question: Do formal prayers require formal wear? :-)

Marvelous post!