Tuesday, December 23, 2014

I Did It My Way.



After getting over my initial frustration, I returned to the gingerbread dough, (it was a 6 cups of flour recipe after all,) and made the gingerbread houses my way; and yes, I heard Frank Sinatra singing the whole time. While the cutting and baking was successful, the house is really quite large and awkward, and doesn't sit on the rim of the cup. While I'm tempted to say, "Never again!" the stubborn side of me wants to conquer the beast, and try again next year, altering the pattern to be 1/2 - 1/3 the size it is now.

Today is my birthday, and it has been quite wonderful so far, with coffee from Mountain Mojo, a chocolate birthday cake from Megan, and lots of Facebook birthday wishes.
The weather is grey and rainy...only snow could make it more perfect, and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Jessica and her family. The sad news of the day is that my grandson Duncan is sick, so Brett and his family won't be here for Christmas. I was so looking forward to having the whole family here :( I hope to blog through the holidays, posting lots of photos for my Florida family.

2 comments:

Linda Sue McKinney said...

good for you - it somehow appears to me to resemble those poor folks' homes on the west coast sliding down mud slick hills into coffee murkiness but then I watched too many news shows lately, I admire your determination and sorry about the sickness in family - lots of VERY sick kids and older people in our area - severe influenza

Linda Sue McKinney said...

and a happy happy birthday a bit late -