Sunday, November 09, 2014

It's Like I'm on Vacation...

all the time! when Jessica and Megan were young, all of our vacations were spent in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We'd hike trails, visit historic sites, then return to whatever cabin we were staying in, and eat yummy things. Frozen goodies for the girls,(this was a big treat for them because I never bought frozen food,) cheese and wine for Brewier and I, (which we are currently enjoying.) Now, that's the life I lead, nearly everyday; I'm making up for the years of life lost, living in Florida. Don't get me wrong, there are some people who love and thrive in the subtropical climate, I am just not one of them.
Today we drove to Cherokee, and visited Clingmans Dome.


My brother Greg, hiked the Appalachian trail twice. Once hiking about half of the trail, another time doing the entire, Georgia to Maine, hike. I always think of him when we come across one of these signs.


Yesterday we drove the Blue Ridge Pkwy, and I got this photo of the Biltmore.


I can't believe I get to live here.



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

It's so beautiful, and you are lucky! I'm a mountain person, so I always enjoy your pictures of your hiking outings :)