Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Ummmm...

Today I made a batch of rice pudding, which is made up entirely of foods that are banned on the Whole 30, (rice, milk, sugar,) and I ate it all. Lets just say that the Whole 30 eating plan is still just that; a plan. For now, I'm stress eating. I realized that, stress is what has me prowling around the kitchen at night, (and most hours of the day.) While we've had great fun during Brewier's unemployment, it's been a few months now, and he needs a job. He's been sending out resumes, and had a couple of job interviews, but nothing has panned out. Thus, I eat...and stress out about my inability to get a job, and make money.
We have taken advantage of Brewiers free time to do some projects around the house. One of which has me excited beyond words. Thirty three years ago when Brewier and I got married, my parents gave us their old, second hand, bedroom furniture. It's from the turn of the century. Last century. I've wanted to paint it since we got married, and this week it's finally happening. Why the wait? I always thought I'd have to strip it, prime it paint it and sand between coats. Then I read the Nesters book, and realized it didn't have to be perfect. So we lightly sanded it, and are getting ready to put a coat of charcoal colored semi gloss wall paint on it. I'm finally starting to break away from my perfectionist ways.


Yes, that is me...painting! I love Mythic paint.


When I dumped everything out of my dresser drawers, in preparation for painting, (the corner of my bedroom now sports a mountain of clothing,) I found this corset I had bought at a Renaissance fair, back in the late 90's.


This is how it fits me now.


It fits Oliver. Yes, when I was in my 30's I was as big around as a three year old. I had no idea I was that thin. (I have a really small frame.)


I L-O-V-E my dark grey wall; it makes the best backdrop for photos.

This beautiful, sparkly, card came in the mail for me yesterday. Linda Sue, in TX, who has been a blog reader for years, smashed these pennies for me while on her HONEYMOON! Thank you, fabulous lady!






5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear about the unemployment, and I hope something comes up soon. I know the stress of not being able to contribute. I wrestle with that even today. I would do a nerdy retail job, but then the bad back problem would rear its ugly head. :(

I love painting furniture and transforming into a new piece just with paint! Can't wait to see the final project.

My only piece of clothing that gave me a reality check of how small I was in high school was my prom dress, fit my very tiny slim 12 year old niece. At the time I didn't think I was that slim! That corset is miniature! hahaha

J said...

If Mountain Mojo was ever looking for help that seems like it would be a good fit for you. You can tolerate the location and it's a right up you alley. If they needed baked goods it woul tap another passion of yours!

Vickie said...

I really like the color you're painting your furniture and the gray wall. Will be praying about Brewier's job search. I saw Darlene at Dr. Schoen's today it always makes me miss you!

Just Me said...

"Yes, when I was in my 30's I was as big around as a three year old. I had no idea I was that thin. (I have a really small frame"......

Where did you keep all your organs in a body that tiny?

My goodness.....

Linda Sue McKinney said...

Oh dear - too much praise -
I've gotten rid of all those truly tiny items of clothing - I'll never ever be that size (and able to function - have to be starving to death to be a size 2 again!) Fun to get those projects done and I'll remember to pray for Brewier's job search -