Monday, October 13, 2014

Comfortably Numb.

You know how I had mentioned my mom hasn't been doing so great? Well, it's become much worse. She spent all of last week in the hospital, and was diagnosed with myelodysplasia. I blame all the meds she was blasted with. Today she was told she also has salmonella poisoning. She has gone from being very healthy, to dying...no exaggeration. While I know Dr's do their best, I also know they are the pawns of drug companies, and drug companies are not in the business of healing, but of keeping you sick and in need of more drugs. Today I realized I've been self medicating to deal with the stress. This has been my meal more times than I can count, these past two weeks.


Wine, cheese and bread; all the things that make me sick...but it's great while I'm eating and drinking. (And Sandra, that Purdys chocolate has been my dessert.Oh my goodness, is that ever good. Im not even sharing it.)

We woke up to a true autumn day, so I pulled out my boots. See how puffy my face is? That would be the wine, cheese and bread.





Where we live; it feels like a dream.




1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm really sorry to hear that your mom is still not well. Prayers and hugs to you and your family. BTW, you don't look puffy in the face girlfriend!