Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Coffee Science





Kelly, Our friend, and favorite barista at Mountain Mojo came over yesterday and gave me a lesson in making coffee with my Chemex. It involves carefully weighing your coffee and water, and pouring it correctly to achieve coffee perfection. While I may use my Chemex in the afternoon, I'm still in the market for an easy drip coffee maker, and of course, an espresso machine. While researching chemical free coffee makers on Amazon, I'd seen a very sciencey maker, called a siphon; Kelly just happens to own one, and brought it along to play with.It was really interesting to taste how different the same coffee can taste, just by how you make it.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

My hubby and I are headed to Asheville in early October. We are definitely going to have to try Mountain Mojo.