Sunday, August 31, 2014

Jenny, and the Apple Festival

Rain woke me up at 5am this morning, and sent me running for the front door, remembering that I had left the car windows down. When I sat in the drivers seat to put the windows up, it was very apparent that it had been raining for a while. There was no going back to sleep after that, so why not catch up on my blog. I've been in a funk lately. I'm ready for summer to come to an end, for Brewier to find a job, and to regain some control over the horrible food choices, ( who am I kidding, there is no choice..I just eat everything in sight,) I need some order back in my life.
This weekend was the North Carolina Apple Festival, held in Hendersonville, just south of Asheville. Because Renee and DAvid are from Hendersonville, they come back every year for the festival and to visit friends and family. Friday, we sat with them for 4 hours, next to the fried apple pie stand, where Eva, (in the yellow shirt,) was working. Oliver had a blast, playing with David, and walking around the festival, checking out the booths. He got a plastic firemans hat at one booth, that has not left his person; he's even sleeping with it. I'm not sure how much longer it will last; I've already had to tape it back together 3 times.




My favorite booth belonged to a woman from Daytona Beach, who made necklaces out of china, and old silverware.


This one reminded me so much of Megan. There were a few necklaces made from china patterns that I own, including a necklace with Peter Rabbit on it! Sadly I didn't get a photo of it because I was trying to corral Oliver. Fine china and small boys are a dangerous combination.


I love the silver hearts she made!


This cute girl next to Megan? This is Jenny. She and Megan shared a hostel room in D.C., back in the spring. Jenny had just finished college in Toronto, and was visiting different cities in the U.S. before returning home to China. She and Megan hit it off, and she asked if she could come visit us before leaving the states.


Last night she cooked for us. Yum!


This afternoon she flies back to Canada, and in two weeks she returns home.

No comments: