Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bits of Randomness

Brewier, Oliver and I had a bit of a vacation today, but since I'm into my second glass of Prossecco, I'll save that update for tomorrow; instead I'll share a few things I've been thinking about.
My desire for a travel trailer. I stalk Craigslist for them even though I don't have the means to buy one.
If I could travel, I'd go to the Pacific Northwest, Also on my bucket list is a drive across country on route 66.
Up until a week ago, I was really missing television. Then bombings and beheadings started becoming mainstream news, and I was really happy not being able to turn on tv.
In leiu to television, Brewier and I have been watching, "House of Cards," on Netflix. UGH. This may be fictional drama, but it makes me realize how corupt, and self serving our poiticians are.
It looks like I might finally get to meet Jane, of Pix'nProse. We became online friends ages ago, and she wil be in FL at the end of the month. Road trip!
Can you believe hurricane Charly was 10 years ago? Three huricanes in 6 weeks, 20 days without power. I'll never forget that.
I haven't bought a new purse in over two years. That's HUGE for me. But I'd really like a new handbag for the winter.
Lastly, would you say a prayer for my mom? She is having double knee replacement tomorrow morning.
This is my mom in 2006.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Tricia, Your mom is a lovely lady, like her daughter and granddaughters.

Will be praying for your mom.

Oliver is a blessed boy to be surrounded by so much love and fun. Who wouldn't want to live in a home where it can snow any day you desire.

“Oh", she thought, "how horrible it is that people have to grow up-and marry-and change!”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

I think Anne would have liked to live in your home and discover that sometimes getting married doesn't mean you have to let you the child in you fade away.

Jane said...

Hahaha. So excited to come to your edge of the continent. We're booking our tickets this weekend. (We'll be in Florida at the beginning of October.) CAN HARDLY WAIT! And will pray for your mom right this minute.