Thursday, July 24, 2014

Original Intent

The reason I blog is for me, to keep a record of my days. For years I tried to keep a written diary, with no success, but for some reason I've been a faithful blogger for nearly 12 years, (and I've finally had my entire blog printed.) Lately I've not been blogging as much because I edit myself, knowing others read these words. If you are one of 20 or so people who visit regularly, be forewarned that I'm going back to my original intent, and the antics and sayings of a three year old boy, (including the word penis,) will play heavily into this. Like the other morning when he was sitting next to me on the sofa, still half asleep in his astronaut pj's; he looked down at his morning wood and said, "Look Mae Mae! I have an astronaut penis!" And by golly if he wasn't making one of those perfectly placed astronauts fly.

Today Brewier and I were sitting on the front porch watching as Oliver careened down the driveway on one wheeled toy after another, preforming daredevil stunts for us. After one such maneuver he stopped, looked at us quite seriously an informed us that, "I'm going to do a new trick. It might be dangerous...or maybe cool."


Poppie, helping Oliver fix his car.


After a busy morning on the race track, it was time for lunch and,"Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," because as Oliver declared, "I like snow!"


Oliver invented a game a couple of months ago and named it,"Quarf." He has a fly swatter and I have a piece of dowel rod. The object of the game is to hit a blue plastic ball past your opponent and into the farthest corners of the house. He could play this for hours...me not so much, and evey time I get the fly swatter out to kill a bug, he gets excited thinking we are going to play Quarf, which is why I'm now swatting insects with a rolled up magazine.

No comments: