Wednesday, July 02, 2014

And We Have a Guest Room!

July is jam packed with visitors, so I finally got myself motivated to clean up the junk craft room. It had been more of a storage room with boxes and odd pieces of furniture filling up most of the space. I cleared out the room, and on a $50 budget, did this:


I still have more to do, but I'm quite pleased with it so far. The curtains are new, as are the orange pillows, everything else was scavenged from around the house. Orange isn't usually a color I use, but its the color that stood out the most in the painting, and Im really liking it. I needed a third pop of orange and found this old picture frame and mounted two sheets of joss paper, (that I bought 15 years ago!) in it. The bedside table is made from a vintage luggage rack and a thrifted silver tray.


I've also been decorating a bit for Independence day. Jessica, Ray and the kids arrive tomorrow morning to celebrate the holiday with us!




2 comments:

Erin said...

The guest room looks great!

mrsmouthy said...

I love that room! Love all the flags on your bookshelves, too, and will definitely be stealing that idea for our bookshelves. ;)