Thursday, May 22, 2014

Confesson: I Don't Like To Cook.

I love to watch cooking shows, I own dozens of cookbooks that I pour over, and I love to talk about cooking, but it ends there. I cook because I have to, but what I love is baking. Baking is effortless; pastry, cakes, cookies, bread, it's my thing. Today I made scones, and fig turnovers. Yum. The owner of the coffee shop I go to, comes in and bakes every morning. Making coffee and baking for a living, I could get into that. The shop has some vintage magazines lying around, such as this Ebony, from 1978, and Life from 1971. I was going through them and recognized so many of the ads, especially this one for Eve cigarettes. I remember being 8 or 9 studying the beautiful artwork on the package and thinking, "When I grow up, I'm going to smoke those because they are so pretty." Talk about effective advertising.




4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yummy baked goods!!! Oh, and I too remember thinking those Eve cigarettes were "out of site" ahahaha

LindaSue said...

oh golly those scones look amazing! I'm trying to break my cookies, cake and pastry addiction - works so far - down 6 pounds (golly Linda Sue how many cookies and biscuits WERE you eating??)

J said...

You should look into baking for that coffee shop!

Rachel said...

I think when it comes to both baking and cooking, I don't actually like the activity, but I like the results very much. :)