Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Post for Me; A Moment To Remember.

I'm sitting on the front porch with Oliver; he's eating a lemon, which he keeps calling a watermelon, and I'm trying to soak up everything going on around me. It rained this morning and the air is damp and heavy with the fragrance of honeysuckle, which line our driveway, and a gentle breeze is tickling my skin. There is a squirrel in the bird feeder, hunting for all the sunflower seeds while, the cardinals wait their turn, watching from a nearby tree, the songs of other birds fill my ears. When I was younger I would have had trouble being still and enjoying the moment, always anxious to be doing, or going somewhere. I'm grateful I've learned to enjoy the moment;, its something illness has taught me...the art of being still.


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lucky you to be able to see cardinals! Every time I would go visit my dad in Chicago, I would constantly look for them! Out here in California, there aren't a lot of colorful birds :(

LindaSue said...

amen -be still and hear the Lord - we fill our lives with busyness and miss the important things - Hooray for the unintended consequences of life changes (illness)

Just Me said...

Beautifully written, Tricia. Thank you.

Vickie said...

That sounds awesome and I completely understand. I was such a doer it has been so hard to be slow like this but I really am happier this way. I like what Linda Sue said, "be still and hear the Lord." So very true.