Wednesday, April 09, 2014

This Is What My Days Are Like.

I woke up at 7 and got out of bed around 7:30...yes, I have that luxury. I made myself a cup of decaf knowing that when Megan and Oliver got up, we would go to Mountain Mojo. Until they arose, I read emails and FB, did my devotions, and started working on a sewing project that involves neck ties. Once Oliver and Megan were up and dressed, we did indeed go out for coffee, and Megans friend Melissa met up with us there. We were able to visit for 20 minutes until someone came in wearing fragrance, and I had to leave. We went to Goodwill in search of an old applience or something that Oliver could take apart and put back together; he loves using tools like Poppie. While there I bought 20 more ties for my project. We then went to the grocery store, and after a trip to the bathroom, (Oliver is potty training*) and shopping, we were just gettingin the car, when Oliver decided he needed to use the bathroom again. We cut our errands short, and after a quick stop at the bank we went home for lunch. I played with my pile of neckties, and Oliver dove in and pretended to swim in them, and I did house stuff like cleaning and dusting and picking up. At 3 I had a Dr's appointment, and when I got home I took Oliver to the park for an hour. Once home it was dinner time, and dancing in the kitchen, then at 6:30 the getleman who bought my washer and dryer came by to pick it up. Sam called to video chat with me while he did his homework, then I vacuumed and did some laundry; Oliver is going through several changes of clothes a day. I loaded the dishwasher, wiped down the cabinets, and remembered I needed to blog. That brings me to now, 9:45, and I'm waiting for, "The Americans," to come on tv, and hoping I can stay awake for the hour it is on.


*Yes, He is 3 and just now potty training, but not for our lack of trying, and the enticement of underwear like Poppies. We knew eventually it would happen and it would have to be his idea, just like when he weaned himself at 10 months. He was strictly breast fed and Megan nursed him as usual in the morning, but when he woke up from his nap he refused the breast. Megan tried to feed him but he laughed and gave her an incredulous look as if to say, "You want me to do what with that?"
So now we are potty training, and he is very excited about having underwear with a, "pocket for his penis."

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have been getting up at the same time in the morning! I wish I had someone to escape and get coffee somewhere, but alas it is just me here drinking my coffee and moving on through the day.

I watch "The Americans" also and I too have a hard time staying awake :)

Ah the joys of potty training! Good luck to Oliver :)

Vickie said...

Pocket for his penis, so funny. It always works better when they are ready to do something rather than trying to push them when they're not.
Love the stainless steel table.