Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Fat and Lazy

Yes, I know the title goes against all the positive affirmation that is so popular today but I'm just telling it like it is. Lazy for not blogging and fat as in none of my clothes fit and Im terrified to get on a scale. I blame the muffins at Mountain Mojo. Everyday I tell myself I will resist, everyday I succumb to their fluffy goodness. Oh yeah, I've also been making cookies and pies, and by making, I mean eating. It was 80 degrees here today, making me very cranky and counting down the days until fall. Also making me cranky are the stink bugs we have by the dozen in the house, banging and buzzing around. At least they're not roaches, but how DO they get in here?
Saturday evening we had some serious wind going on and Sunday morning we woke up to an inch and a half of snow. Brewier, Oliver and I, got in the car and headed to the Biltmore hoping to see it sparkling and covered in snow. It was disappointingly bright, sunny and snowless there. Being just 200 feet higher than our previous house has made a huge difference in the weather we experience.
One of the homes on our old street had a tree blow over in the storm.


Th Biltmore is beautiful no matter what the weather. Brewier and Oliver had fun running around in the newly planted garden, while I wandered around, coffee in hand, enjoying the views.



The backside of the Biltmore.


After the Biltmore we visited the Tobacco Barn, in search of a 36 inch round table for our dining area. The table and chairs we bought just a few months ago are to large for this house, so I'm going to put them on Craigslist. I knew the style I had in mind, and this stainless steel number wasn't it.


But it was so unusual, that we bought it. Now to see if it works for me.

And because Im a dork, I took pictures of my television during John and Sarahs interview, and messaged them to her.

3 comments:

LindaSue said...

oh two of my favorite people I've never met face to face - Sarah just gets prettier doesn't she?
Lady I am SO with you about the baked goods being worn on my now feeling not positive affirmed body - started (for the zillionth time) a very low carb eating plan - definitely works for me and I feel MUCH healthier - just a tad grouchy 'cause I luv me some carbs!

Mrs. Cheerio said...

I cannot understand 80 degrees one day and a snow storm the next? What is going on with this weather?!

Citizen Rosebud said...

I get it. I'm all about positive affirmations but you have got to be honest- and sometimes it's not all unicorns and lollypops! Wishing you more joy and smaller waistlines!