Friday, March 14, 2014

....It Is What I Prayed For.

When we were looking for a house to lease I had checklist that I prayed about. I wanted a house in North Asheville, not too far from the center of town, but far enough out to be away from the car exhaust pollution. I wanted to live higher up on a mountain, so we would have a view, and again, to be away from pollution. I prayed for Megan and Oliver to have their own space with a living room, bedroom, and bathroom; and for Oliver to have outdoor space to roam about and be a boy. I wanted a kitchen both Megan and I could work in, and a gas stove top. I wanted an foyer, (always important to me,) with a coat closet, and a craft room, close to the main living space, so I wouldn't be far from everyone. I prayed for a small master bathroom, and that the master would have a walk in closet. I asked for a smaller house so I would be forced to go through my belongings and eliminate things I didn't really need.
So while I've been ungrateful, whining about the challanges of this house, and the things I don't like, the Lord answered my prayer and gave me all those things I asked for.
We are getting settled in, and I'm actually enjoying the challange of decorating around yellow walls; and everyday I'm thankful they weren't painted blue. At night we can sit in the living room and look out the high modern windows and see a black sky filled with stars.
The yellow and mustard colored walls, and giant windows.

IMG_4777

Today I hung up these curtains, (from World Market, and yes they are the same ones I bought and returned for my bedroom in the,"white house.") I'm hoping the pattern and blue/grey color will divert your eye from the wall color.

IMG_4804

My craft room waiting to be organized. Unfortunately my craft room shlves are buried in the garage, and until I can get them in the house, my room will look like this.

IMG_4793

I'm really hoping that by next week, all the boxes will be unpacked and out of the house, and I can take some photos.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think once you adjust to the size, everything else will grow on you. Like I have mentioned before, our rental has very odd quirks to it as well, like a mauve tiled bathroom hahaha. But everyone love that silly thing because of the size etc.
Have you guys decided to stay put, regardless of the building that is going on? I hope for your sake, the building pollution is minimal and you can still stay, so you won't have to keep looking.

LindaSue said...

good for you - seeing what you have not what you don't have - I LOVE the windows and view - that is worth a great deal of downsize agony. God knows where we want to be and where He wants us - His location location location is always best

J said...

Attitude is everything! You will make it a fabulous home!

J said...

Attitude is everything! You will make it a fabulous home!