Friday, March 07, 2014

If You Can't Say Anything Nice...

Don't say anything at all. That was drilled into my head when I was growing up. Thats why I haven't been blogging much. This move has been hard, and the house has many challenges. Many. No pantry, no storage, no where to put the vaccum or the ironing board, and the horrific design choices deserve a blog post of their own. Today though, we developed a new appreciation for the house. Craigslist had a beautiful 1890's victorian listed in a nice part of town; the photos were so promising, and despite it being $1000 more a month than we are paying now, we made an appointment to view it this afternoon. We found the street and the right house number, but it didn't look so much like the photos. The inside was even worse, with everything dirty and crumbling. The owneres have lived there 8 years and Im guessing the photos were from when they bought the house. It was REALLY bad; but like I said, we came home with a whole new appreciation for what we are calling,"The tree house."

***Thank you to everyone who has been sending us links to homes for rent. You are all so thoughtful!

3 comments:

LindaSue said...

This really is a challenging move for y'all - I'm so sorry it is not the thrilling spot you had previously. I understand the whole where to put my stuff issues - when we downsized so drastically by moving to a house both older and less than half the size of our other place. Ay yi yi - even had to sell all our art work 'cause walls here weren't large enough to properly display.
all my babble to say - praying for you and admire your tenacity

Elizabeth said...

The nerve of some landlords to post misleading things! I always get so annoyed when the price they are asking is so not what it deserves! Seems like you live in an area like mine though, with a shortage of rentals and they can gouge you :( You are still in my daily prayers. Hope this all gets sorted out soon.

Vickie said...

I'm praying for you daily too.