Friday, February 07, 2014

It Died a Quick Coffee Induced Death..

Last night while carrying a giant cup of coffee, I tripped and the mug went flying out of my hand, splashing all over me, the sofa, and dumping most its contents onto the key board of my open lap top. I just stood there for a second in horrified shock, but must have made some kind of noise because Megan came running asking what was wrong. She grabbed some towels and turned my computer upside down, and I watched while coffee poured out of the ports and every other opening. Megan took the computer apart and dried it off, then I put it in a bag of silica gel, but it's a lost cause...and I hadn't backed up for months. My lifeline...gone.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

ohgoshnooooooooo….

there is a place here, in baltimore, that will recover the info on your hard drive for a few hundred dollars if you're interested. they salvaged my brother's hard drive and basically made it into an external hard drive…

*hug*

Elizabeth said...

My worst nightmare! So sorry :(

LindaSue said...

oh dear - sounds SO like me - rest in peace little laptop - you served her well

Vickie said...

I"m so sorry ...but when I told Chuck about it he responded with...
"it now has all the components to evolve into an espresso making computer."