Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Most Important Thing I Learned While in Florida,

is that I can't ever live in Florida. After being in the state just three days, my joints were swollen, I had black circles under my eyes, my face was red and puffy and I felt like I was getting the flu, which is how I felt all the time when I lived there. It was so good to see my friends and family, I miss them so much, but bing healthy is priority. Megan Oliver and I were also very hot in FL; The cooler temps here are really more to our liking.

After five consecutive days of rain, the sun came out amid the dark clouds. I wish my camera could capture how magical it looked.

IMG_3764

We keep the UPS guy pretty busy. Today he dilivered nine packages, some are prints and t-shirts for Megans business, but others are Christmas gifts. We do most of our shopping online.

IMG_3773

Our nine and a half foot tree. Every time Oliver sees it he tells me, "It's so pretty."

IMG_3775


Yesterday while Oliver was eating breakfast at the kitchen table, he looked around and said, "I like the white house, it's so pretty." I think he realizes we are going to be moving soon.

1 comment:

LindaSue said...

But with you and Megan and your flair for decorating - wherever you live will be beautiful and Oliver will like it. Your tree is beautiful and so glad you are back where physical health is improved. I see the familiar Amazon box - I've been fighting with them recently and yet - they are still the easiest way for me to access reading material and order things not found in Springtown or Weatherford (which is a dadgum large category now I think of it!)
Enjoy the now - I have had a rather unexpected life - and realize how many God moments have been given me - Max Lucado wrote a lovely description
"An eternal instant. An instant in time that had no time. A picture froze in mid-frame, demanding to be savored! A moment that reminds you of the treasures surrounding you. Your home. Your peace of mind. Your health. A moment that tenderly rebukes you for spending so much time on temporal preoccupations. A moment that can bring a mist to the manliest of eyes and perspective to the darkest life."